Saturday, January 26, 2013

January WIPocalypse


So for this month's WIPcalypse theme: Introduce yourself, your projects and any goals you have for the year!

A Little Introduction
My favourite stitching style is small and cute, and am especially enchanted by the Japanese kawaii aesthetic. This shows itself a lot in my favourite stitching motifs of cute food. I especially love the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery for their multiple cute food patterns. I am however, finding myself more and more interested in the French style of cross stitching, especially artists such as Veronique Enginger, Helene le Berre and the like. I do also enjoy many Lizzie Kate designs.

My current stash has mainly Cosmo and DMC threads.

Introducing my new start projects



1. Lizzie Kate's Sweet Tooth Boxer Jrs
Like I said above, I highly enjoy cute food patterns, so this project has been something I've wanted to do! I would like to make them into one larger piece which can be framed and hung in a kitchen.




2. Ink Circles' Here Comes Treble; First Bass; Alto Gether Now
I want to make these as a gift for a friend to hang in a music corner! Instead of three different pieces, I want to stitch them onto a single stave; starting with treble, followed by bass and then alto. This will also fit in nicely with the October theme, but I hope I finish it before then?! Ha, we will see.



3. Songbird (from CrossStitcher magazine June 2012)
I love the gorgeous colours and look of this piece. I had even kitted it with 14ct Aida, but later chickened out because the size was too big for me. (I have really really really low motivation to finish pieces.) I think now that I have a little more confidence, I will attempt it in 2013. Still deciding if I will use 14ct or 28ct.



4. Nora Corbett's Trick or Treat Fairy
Halloween is my favourite "holiday" season (Christmas is a close second!) and I was sad I was too busy to do any Halloween related stitching for 2012. This year I am determined to do something for Halloween! I've chosen Nora Corbett's Trick or Treat Fairy! Good for April's theme of Mirabilia too!



5. Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Woodland 2013 sampler
I sat out on desserts, fruits, and the winter wonderland. I will NOT sit out on the Woodland sampler!




6. Helene le Berre's Gourmandises Printanieres from Mango Agenda 2012
I love macarons, and this beautiful piece has been tempting me since last year! I finally managed to get the pattern for this piece and will try to start and finish it this year.



7. A pattern from Soda Stitch
I am waiting for SO-3165, a Little Red Riding Hood and a Wolf. However, if I'm not able to get that pattern, I will do SR-B71, Full of Sunshine and Love instead! I can wait for the pattern, no rush at all... I will just start on the others first...




8. Lizzie Kate's Living with Charms
Ahhhhh I don't know if I can do this!! I want to!



9. Flying Owl from OOE Designs
Owls! This is going to take me a long while, but I would like to start on it, at least!



10. "Sweet Hearts" from Good Natured Girls' Young at Heart
Again, in keeping with the birdie theme! The two birds are so cute and snuggly. I want to finish this pattern this year, for sure!

10 projects! I'm not sure I can even start on them all, but I will try my hardest! It may seem like I have very small goals for 2013, but I have school and other things to worry about too, so this has to be a start. I think I will also end up stitching some things in between for gifts and such like.


January WIPocalypse progress
So for the first quarter of the year, I've decided to concentrate on a few pieces so that I can finish them first... (hahaha.)



I've started up on the Ink Circles piece on 32ct Stormy Belfast. I'm not sure on the colour right now, but I think it'll be okay... I hope.


I've also picked up the necessary threads and fabric for the Sweet Tooth Boxers and the Woodland Sampler. I actually did start the Woodland Sampler on one over 25ct Dublin, decided that I was being ridiculous about 20 stitches in and managed to get in the recommended 28ct Monaco. It's almost time to see the February pattern but I haven't had time to even start again on the frames ahhhhh.


Fortunately I did start in on the Sweet Tooth Boxers, which some of you may recall from the IHSW post early this week. I've made a little bit of progress on Cupcake since... Here's a pic of it as of last night. Finished up most of the red scallops (leaving the little bit at the bottom for when I will cut more red thread again) and the green border. Stitching using the recommended Week Dye Works threads and on 28ct Annabelle.

Hopefully next month we will see much more progress on these pieces! I can't wait to blog hop and see how everyone is doing with their WIPocalypse works!

Alanna x

1 comment:

  1. YOu made great progress & I just love the projects you've picked out. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete