Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Finish: Unicorn O fridge magnet

I got done with the perforated plastic ornament thingie I was working on some time ago, but I just didn't have time to post about it until now.

I did have a lot of problems with this piece. I was rushing it towards the end, so I miscounted threads on several sections - some of the stitches are done with 4ply instead of 3ply. Ugh. The backstitch was also a real pain to do, and it wasn't until I had packed it up that I realised I had missed two backstitches on the O. I have no idea how I even managed that. In any case... I hope my recipient doesn't notice, or at least can forgive me for it! My excuse (ha) is that I was trying to make deadline for the shipping, on top of finals and packing for coming home... and in the end I missed shipping deadline anyway. Sigh.

Anyway, I finished it as a magnet because I didn't know how to finish it as an ornament. I'm also unhappy with how I snipped it down to size, I will have to practice more on that. In any case, this was an interesting lesson on perforated plastic, I'll be sure to work on this more.


Pattern: Cross Stitch Crazy #167 (Modified from 'Q')

No comments:

Post a Comment